This next project is about creating a short animation with any kind of artwork.
I start by drawing several storyboards for a video and then I decide which to use for a short animated video. I’ve created four storyboards so far. One is of a phoenix bursting into flames, the second is of a dragon hatching out of an egg, the third is of two knights jousting each other and the fourth is of a caveman attacking a tiger. When I showed the work to my tutors, they have told me how to make one of the videos with a little of the unexpected that I should put in the begin of my video. Before I could do any animation, I had to think on how to make the unexpected in the beginning a video design.
Final storyboard Idea
Artwork for video design
From thinking of what video to make and make some changes in one of the storyboards, I’ve decided to use the Phoenix. The idea for this video is getting a little moustache into the middle of the background, wrap it up into a ball then unwraps into a phoenix bursting into huge flames and turning back into a moustache leaving the background. That's my plan for a short video design. To make this work, I had to collect some A3 coloured paper (black, brown, blue, red, orange and yellow), to make the Phoenix (body, flames, wings, tail feathers and the moustache) and carefully cutting them out, and using a stand, lights and camera, to make the video in a stop-animation. It took about a week from taking a lot of photos, when I showed the work to my tutors, they asked me how I could make the work better. I’ve thought about making another phoenix to go with the video. The first Phoenix was coloured in red, so I made the next phoenix in yellow. Like the first phoenix, I need to make it a little unexpected in this phoenix, so I got a pack of haribos going in a circle and in the centre out comes the phoenix in a tiny circle and becomes larger and larger as the haribos disappears and the phoenix unfolds out its wings, it flies away with the flames behind. It took the whole project when I did the first phoenix, but it was done. When I got them uploaded in photoshop, it took a much longer and difficult to set them up. So I had to cut the video short using the yellow phoenix, and make the timing right in the video. When I got that done, I had uploaded the video onto YouTube. Later I on during the first year, I made time to improve to work.
My tutors told me I did a bit better, but still need to get some sound or music effect the next time I create another video.
Final Video Design
Site powered by Weebly. Managed by 34SP.com